The Cosplay Fashion Show is a chance to show your love for your favorite character by designing your own outfit of them. Be it anime, manga, video games, OC, or any design you’ve created and always wanted to make, now’s the time.
The JFB Cosplay Fashion Show has three categories:
Deadline for Design Entries
Sunday March 15, 2018
Saturday April 28, 2018
Sunday April 29, 2018
First place winner and a runner-up will each receive a trophy and special prize packages!
- Free to enter. Open to all.
- All designs in the JFB Cosplay Fashion Show must be original.
- Participants may showcase only one design.
- For costumes made almost entirely by someone else, the designer must be present to win in workmanship; the prize will go to them.
- Costumes should be made mostly by contestants, though an assistant is allowed where applicable. Assistants do not need to be present, however contestants must be honest about the extent of the involvement anyone else had in costume construction.
- If a costume includes a combination of created and purchased items, any purchased pieces must be disclosed to the judges on your entry form. Cosplay Staff will determine eligibility, which generally requires that at least 75% of a costume has been created or altered in a significant manner. Cosplay Staff have the exclusive ability to determine a costumes eligibility in the workmanship contest.
- Costumes must be complete prior to arriving at the changing tent. No sewing, gluing, spray painting, welding, or other construction work is allowed before the event. Final assembly of large pieces and/or props and unexpected repairs may be permitted after discussion with staff.
- Nudity and/or adult-related content forbidden. Japan Festival Boston is a family-friendly event. Please use discretion with selection of character, props and presentation.
- Costumes disrespectful to any culture or race will be not be admitted.
- Participants will be required to sign a liability release and a release for use of video and photo image.
All Cosplay participants must have had their designs/sketches go through pre-selection in advance by Cosplay Staff. DEADLINE Sunday March 15th, 2018.
For safety reasons, the followings are not allowed:
- Live animals
- Substances which might damage or soil
- Aerosol sprays
- Projectiles of any kind
- Pyrotechnics, including but not limited to: fire, flash powder, explosives, smoke bombs or fireworks.
- Entries that could potentially damage the performance venue (Boston Common and JFB Main Stage), other participants, or the wearer.
Prop weapons are strictly forbidden. Weapons and other prohibited items will be confiscated.
- Participants may submit multiple entries, but only one will be chosen.
- Participants may submit the designs of the previously-made costumes.
- Costume designers may have models showcase their designs.
- Entries with electric power requirements need to be self-contained. There will be no access to electrical outlets on stage.
- All contestants must be able to move their costume on their own. (No 80 pound wings or giant mecha unless you can walk up stairs in it!)
The JFB Cosplay Staff has the right to eliminate any entry from the competition on the basis of overall appearance, danger to the audience or venue, violation of any of the above rules, or any other reason deemed sufficient.
If you have any questions please email our Cosplay Team: email@example.com